HERE ARE JUST A FEW REASONS TO SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESS, WHETHER INTERNET OR BRICK & MORTAR SMALL BUSINESSES AND NOT AMAZON!
- Small businesses that make the mistake to partner with Amazon give up ALL RIGHTS to their content, including pictures, to Amazon FOREVER!
So even if a business realizes that teaming up with Amazon was not such a good idea, and they end their selling on Amazon, Amazon will retain and use their content and pictures to link to and sell other products.
Often to products that are not even the same or of lesser quality!
- Black Hat SEO practices employed by Amazon and allowed by Google that give Amazon unfair advantages over smaller competitors.
- Amazon has supported and lobbied for the grossly anti-small business Internet Tax.
EBay at least has understood how devastating this will be to small businesses and has lobbied to block this terrible piece of legislation that is thankfully been blocked in the US House of Representatives for now.
- Amazon’s Feedback System is highly manipulated and grossly inaccurate.
Based on my profession of aquarium/pond products where by I have over 35 years of hands on experience, I have read many Amazon reviews where by an excellent or even top notch product were slammed, usually because Amazon sold the product with incomplete parts for proper use or simply improper use due to inadequate information on Amazon.
I answer emails regularly form those who have unfortunately purchased incomplete items or not received correct information from an Amazon product similar to what I sell.
Worse yet, I recently received an email from the most vile person you could ever believe accusing me of attempting to harm his family by a filter back up and subsequent water leak (& the potential electrical fire this could have caused), because he purchased an API/Rena HOB filter from Amazon without the correct pre-filter that WE SELL and recommend for proper operation of the filter.
He was too cheap to purchase the correct filter from me and instead purchased the incomplete filter from Amazon and somehow this was my fault.
On the other side of the coin, I often read positive reviews on Amazon for products that scientifically cannot perform the job that is inferred on the Amazon selling page.
This is common with many Amazon UV Sterilizers that can only perform Clarification, not true sterilization.
And even then these often break down in less than a year
Here is just one reference of what really makes a true level one UV Sterilizer:
- Many persons will go into Mom & Pop businesses such as that of a friend I know who operates a Lego Brick shop (Rebel Bricks) and then get the free help while shopping at Amazon for a better price.
These same types of persons do this in increasing numbers by reading my free articles online and then going to Amazon to purchase, often for an inferior product.
My Stat software proves this too