Where did the flu go in 2020-21?
Oddly, you would think the flu had disappeared in Oregon but that is false. Per the CDC it is now part of the Covid-19 interim case definition. If you got the flu it is now Covid-19.
The best starting point for the other questions is the government’s Center for Disease Control (CDC) which is the legal authority along with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), however, when you do your own research of their legal definitions and legal statistics be prepared to be educated as it does not match corporate media and the political rhetoric you hear and see along some odd statements by government public health officials. Again, do your own research then make your own informed decisions as all diseases can be deadly including the common coronavirus cold.
CDC says Covid 19 includes “at least two of the following symptoms: fever (measured or subjective), chills, rigors, myalgia, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, OR any one of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new olfactory disorder, new taste disorder, OR Severe respiratory illness with at least one of the following: Clinical or radiographic evidence of pneumonia, Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).” Hence, the yearly influenza outbreaks that unfortunately kill tens of thousands of vulnerable Americans are classified as Covid-19 by the government.
SARS-CoV-2 the actual coronavirus that is six percent (6%) of Covid-19 deaths is included per the CDC symptoms definition of Covid-19 entered in official government reports. BTW, it is the ‘report’ not the press release or talking points that goes into the courtroom.
mRNA gene therapy per Pfizer’s and Moderna’s own words in the FDA ‘authorization’ submittal, is different than a vector vaccine like your shots at school or the doctor’s office. And emergency “authorization” is very different than ‘approval’ from the FDA. Given the severity of SARS-CoV-2 on seniors (75 plus) get educated yourself. Read all the CDC data on who should and should not get mRNA shots. Then read all available medical data on SARS-CoV-2 as death can literally be in the details. Many people will want the mRNA shot, and many will not. Welcome to free choice.
With no further comments as the Legislature is cancelled this week, below is this week’s clips from fellow Oregonians:
Title: No money? Oregon Democrats do not care. Prepare for more taxes.
COVID-19 in Oregon
It will be even longer before more Oregon kids are in the classroom.
- On February 9, press secretary Jen Psaki walked back Biden’s promise to open schools in first 100-days: ‘Some teaching in classrooms at least one day per week’
Governor Kate Brown moved the goal posts from a February 15 start date to an unspecified time in the “spring”. Teachers unions across the country are using extortion to get vaccinations. Countless children have been sacrificed because adults are afraid.
- School districts and unions do not let hypocrisy stand in their way of making money. They tell teachers it is still unsafe to come into schools while simultaneously offering in-person childcare this entire time in the very schools they closed… for a steep fee of $1,000 a month for parents that can afford it.
As a result of these decisions, how many elderly Oregonians did the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Governor Brown and the teachers unions kill because of their vaccine prioritizations? This is not the teachers’ fault – it is the union. The union exists to serve the interests of the union. If they are not opening, vaccinations should be immediately redirected to the elderly and most vulnerable.
- It’s gene therapy, not a vaccine.
From the Oregonian: “Gov. Kate Brown’s office issued more word salad this week as it pertains to clearing kids to play sports. I can only surmise that those in charge haven’t spent much time communicating with high school kids who are frustrated, depressed and feeling as though they don’t matter to our state leaders.” Oregon students continue to be sacrificed because teachers unions don’t want schools to reopen. Families that can afford to move to a different state that has the freedoms to attend school and play sports should move. But what does this attitude say to Oregon students that have worked and trained to be the best at their sports?
Oregon children and their wellbeing have been sacrificed on the altar of fear. Adults are making children suffer so they, the adults, feel safer. This is the exact opposite of how society should work.
- New York Post opinion: “Our society has abandoned [children] and treated them as disposable. The damage caused by this abandonment is incalculable, and compounding every day we allow inertia, irrationality and the craven priorities of teachers unions to rule our decision-making.”
Gov. Brown and OHA have abandoned the “science” and are taking cues from the federal government. OHA is saying 70-90% of Oregonians will need to be vaccinated to get back to “normal”. Fauci said 70-85% of Americans will need to be vaccinated by the end of summer 2021 to get back to a “degree of normality”. When will Americans see they are being used in the quest for power?
How crazy is this? Schools are still closed for most students, but Multnomah, Clackamas and Washington counties can start reopening restaurants for indoor dining, but Marion and Polk Counties cannot. Could it have anything to do with the Salem Capitol being in Marion County and Democrats want to keep the people locked out?
Influenza like illness (ILI) are defying yearly trends and significantly down in Oregon. New Mexico, also with one of the strictest lockdowns, is reporting similar numbers.
No money? Oregon Democrats do not care. Prepare for more taxes.
The Oregon Employment Department (OED) is responsible for one of the worst bureaucratic failures in the state’s history. Oregonians were forced into unemployment by the government and did not receive the unemployment benefits they were told they would receive, many waiting weeks that dragged into months, for assistance.
When these Oregonians, who just want to go to work, finally received assistance from the federal government in a one-time check that barely covers rent in a Portland apartment with roommates, now Oregon will be collecting tax on stimulus checks when residents file their state income tax returns. To figure out how much is owed, filers should multiply their stimulus payment by Oregon’s state tax rate of 8.75%.
Oregon Democrat politicians are making it impossible to be employed and remain unemployed with the relentless taxation.
- Oregon and New Mexico remain the sole 2 states where businesses are mostly closed according to the New York Times.
- WSJ: Five states—Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, North Dakota and Oregon—experienced double-digit declines in state revenue.
Additionally, Oregon Democrats introduced an amendment to SB 137 to raise taxes on stimulus measures that were designed to help people weather the arbitrary government-forced COVID-19 lockdowns. Democrats plan on lowering the amounts for business loss deductions, deductions of net operating losses, and business loss limitations. The amendment creates a tax increase on businesses that would be retroactive – back to 2018. Oregonians could possibly be forced into amending past state tax returns if they pass this and you have used these deductions from the bipartisan CARES agreement.
- On SB 137: “This amendment is a full-on assault on working families looking to recover,” said Senator Lynn Findley (R-Vale), Assistant Republican Leader and member of the Finance and Revenue Committee. “In the middle of a pandemic, Oregonians can’t afford for lawmakers to be messing with important tax relief that the CARES Act provided for working families. As proposed, this amendment would even increase taxes on small businesses that are losing money because of lockdowns.”
Senator Dennis Linthicum (R-Klamath Falls) issued a statement on Gov. Brown prioritizing state tax dollars over hard-working Oregonians and their jobs.
Oregon Democrats want to give even more power to the governor/dictator during emergencies: “HB 2238 amends existing law with two objectives: 1) To clarify that, upon declaration of a state of emergency, the governor has authority to take private property (both real and personal) ‘that may be necessary for the management of resources following an emergency,’ and 2) To deny compensation to property owners when property is temporarily taken for such emergency purposes, unless compensation is required by the Oregon or United States Constitutions.”
From Marion+Polk First PAC: “Last month, SB 238 was quietly and anonymously introduced by the Senate Interim Committee on Education to ban School Resource Officers statewide… If passed, law enforcement will be effectively banned from our schools in any capacity, making students more vulnerable to school shootings and other violence. This bill is just the latest example of elements in the Oregon Legislature working to subvert the decision-making of our community by passing one-size-fits-all policies statewide.”
Oregon U.S. Attorney Billy Williams to resign at the request of the Biden Admin, effective February 28, 2021. Who knows what kind of pressure he faced after breaking with his party after speaking out against the horrific violence and damage in Portland caused by anarchists through the summer months.
The mainstream media and World Health Organization (WHO) are working together to change the truth by now claiming that COVID-19 did not start in a Chinese lab, but came from an animal.
- January 14, 2020 tweet by WHO: “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus.”
- January 30, 2020 the WHO meeting praised China for its response to COVID-19. For example, “The Committee welcomed the leadership and political commitment of the very highest levels of Chinese government, their commitment to transparency, and the efforts made to investigate and contain the current outbreak.”
- February 16, 2020 CNN reports China blocked Taiwan’s access to the WHO and further comments by WHO director Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus cheering for China: “…we are giving qualified recognition and actually my call is, please, let’s recognize as a world, as a globe what China is doing and help them and show solidarity.”
- March 12, 2020 Reuters reported on WHO Director’s background: “Weeks after the new coronavirus emerged in China, he flew to Beijing, returning with lavish praise for the Chinese leadership’s commitment to fighting the disease through drastic lockdowns and other measures.”
- April 8, 2020 Fox News reports comments by WHO leader: ‘“If you don’t want many more body bags you refrain from politicizing it.’
- April 8, 2020 CNN reports that US intelligence officials were warned as far back as late Novemberthat COVID-19 was spreading through China’s Wuhan region and that it was posing a threat to the Chinese daily lives.
- April 12, 2020 the Atlantic reports on how China deceived the WHO.
- April 16, 2020 Fox News reportsthe Wuhan Institute of Virology, a top-secret Chines laboratory is under intense scrutiny for not following safety protocols in tandem with its dangerous research on bats and coronaviruses. ‘”The head of the WHO has stated many times that there is no evidence that the new coronavirus originated in the laboratory,” Zhao Lijian said. “Many prominent medical experts in the world also believe that the so-called laboratory leaks have no scientific basis.”’
- May 4, 2020. Officials believe China covered up the extent of the COVID-19 outbreakto hoard medical supplies, leaked intelligence documents show.
- May 18, 2020 NBC News: China gave $2 billion to the World Health Organization to “deal with the COVID-19 crisis”
- May 18, 2020 NPR screenshot of then President Trump’s letter to the WHO on freezing funding.
- September 15, 2020 Tucker Carlson interviewed top Chinese virologist and whistleblower Dr. Li-Meng Yan about her claims that the Chinese government intentionally manufactured and released the COVID-19 virus.
Considering the above timeline and the partnership with China, why should Americans trust what the WHO says about the origins of COVID-19?
Dr. Singer, a CATO Institute doc, says Americans “need to get used to the idea” that we’ll continue to see COVID-19 and related variants at endemic levels. As Dictionary.com conveniently says on the definition of endemic: “The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 may never disappear, but could become endemic like HIV.”
For months the state-run media was preparing the narrative about new strains of COVID-19 to continue the panic. In May 2020 CNBC reported: “‘Superbugs’ (or strains of bacteria or viruses that have adapted and become resistant to different types of antibiotics used to treat the infections they cause) are a hidden danger in the fight against COVID-19, says former CDC director.”
On February 7 of this year, CNBC reports that a study by the CDC shows the UK strain is doubling in the US every 10 days. The CDC has an incentive to produce studies that show COVID strains maintaining a foothold in America to maintain power.
- February 8, 2021 Fauci says “we risk creating more powerful COVID variants if we delay 2nd shots of the vaccine”
Entire industries have already been created as American sacrificed their freedom for an image of “safety”. For example, most airlines and airports will begin using Artificial Intelligence (AI) tech to recognize if people are or are not wearing masks by the end of the summer 2021. Was this video foreshadowing what barely anyone listened to?
Time Magazine published a startling article celebrating the “shadow campaign” (not at all connected to the Biden campaign… as if) that “saved democracy”, when it actually shamelessly touts how the elite and their institutions got what they wanted.
- The report described American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CFO) as the “architect” of this effort, in partnership with “resistance” organizations. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce (CEO is now resigning, but no comments on if this is connected or not) and AFL-CIO, typical adversaries, partnered to have maximum impact: “Agreeing that their unlikely alliance would be powerful, they began to discuss a joint statement pledging their organizations’ shared commitment to a fair and peaceful election.”
- One of the many quotes: “That’s why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream–a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it. And they believe the public needs to understand the system’s fragility in order to ensure that democracy in America endures.”
In other words, the elite know what is best for you, and your nation.
What drives the elite? Money and power. 1 Timothy 6:10, “For the love of money is the root of all evil”
Unlike the anarchist and BLM riots that led to billions of dollars in damages across the country for months and the perpetrators have faced little punishment, the January 6 riot continues to lead the news and frame the arguments of many politicians and special interest groups that are attempting to impeach an unelected American citizen. The impeachment trial is more about vilifying conservative voters. State-run media reporters have called for sending Trump voters to re-education camps or for ‘deprogramming’.
- Fighting back: A new Twitter app helps users block 800 New York Times reporters in one fell swoop.
In China: “The political leaders, or the party, try to maintain its permanent control over the regime and the internet is of course one of its very important tools.”
Bank of America spied on its customers and gave the information to the FBI without consent. The mindset, “I don’t have anything to hide” leads to normalizing this level of privacy infringement and in this current cancel culture we live in, how long until you are doing something the elite deem “incorrect”? Are you buying too much flour, sugar, backing items? Using your credit card to purchase stored food that could be seized by a government with this information?
Investigators struggle to build murder case in death of U.S. Capitol Police Officer, Brian Sicknick: “Investigators are struggling to build a federal murder case regarding fallen US Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, vexed by a lack of evidence that could prove someone caused his death as he defended the Capitol during last month’s insurrection…medical examiners did not find signs that the officer sustained any blunt force trauma, so investigators believe that early reports that he was fatally struck by a fire extinguisher are not true.”
- The media is linking THREE officer deaths to the riot, but two of the three died by suicide in the days and weeks after.
Why did the fatal shooting of Ashley Babbitt on Jan. 6 disappear from the media?
Do not stand for being a “chump” anymore. You have power, especially in your individual purchases. How did Amazon grow to be the world power that it is? People choose every day for the convenience of its product delivery over shopping local. How did Facebook grow to the level of control it now has? People willingly gave up their data for endless scrolling.
Consider this: If the 74 million Americans that did not vote for Biden stopped shopping on Amazon and cut their prime subscriptions, wouldn’t that say something? If these Americans even just deleted the Facebook app from their phones (because it tracks you and sells that data all over) or logged in only one time per week or deleted it (but first download all of your data) all together, that would send these companies to their knees.
THE LITTLE THINGS MATTER
- If you pray, PRAY: Currently rated the #1 podcast in America, the Bible in a Year podcast is a great way to connect with other Americans seeking truth in the chaos. You are not alone.
- KINDNESS: Make the extra effort to smile (if possible) and say hello to strangers. Think about how kindness from a stranger makes you feel and pay it forward every time you leave home. Hellos, simple conversations, eye contact… these are small things, but they make a difference and are reminders of our shared humanity. Kindness makes us strong.
- EDUCATION: Read about American history and your rights. Education is the best investment you can make in yourself; no one can ever take it from you. Check out the Trump administration’s 1776 Commission for American history without the damaging and inaccurate critical race theory rhetoric.
- FOCUS: Pay attention and call out the media for the media-driven fear warped America’s COVID response.
- PUT THE PHONE DOWN: Do what you can to stay off of Twitter, Facebook and Google, as they censor conservative voices while promoting the leftist agenda.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
The government and culture do not care about you. This Cosmopolitan magazine cover says it all. It unscientifically calls obesity “healthy”, while science shows that obesity leads to a plethora of life-threatening conditions, least of all is how obesity worsens the impact of the COVID-19 virus.
Stay alert, stay alive and do what it takes to boost your own immune system. Eat properly, drink water and get regular exercise.
We all need to be prepared for future emergencies. As my wife says, when she wants to lose those extra pounds she gained at the Christmas holidays, ”eat less and exercise more.” Fitness can be that simple. Another motivator, working on your own fitness, will allow you to help others who are frail. Your fitness helps more folks than any mask! Find your strengths she says.
I would be remiss for not pointing out what we do in Oregon and America impacts Africa, Asia, and Latin America so when we shut down it hits developing nations ten times harder. Act global instead of talking global.
Once again, if you do not like the words of the other Oregonian writers then please do unsubscribe on the links below: manage preferences or delete profile.
Brian J. Boquist
Oregon State Senator
New Mexico Flu Season above is not gone … it is now Covid-19 colds, chills, fever, etc.
Japan’s flu season is gone too. Is it because they re-defined Covid-19 too?